Episode #50 (February 8, 2013): Jubilee!

Trappistes RochefortJubilee! (AKA “Give Andy Wine and See What Happens”)

Stop the presses! Darryl has been MOONLIGHTING!!! Check out The SportsFathers

Colm Leyne, of Episode #16 fame, is turning 30. So help people have clean water.

The pope (Benedict XVI) is on the Twitter (the Twitface?): @pontifex. He’s good. He’s called it the “digital continent” (citation needed).

Some awesome possum Catholic blogs (according to Jane): Jennifer Fulwiler (and her own personal reality show Minor Revisions), Small Things from Ginny Sheller, and Kassie Rutherford. Darryl like the National Catholic Register blogs as well.

Song of the Week Month: I.S.S. (Is Somebody Singing) by the Barenaked Ladies (BNL) and Chris Hadfield, who is in freaking space!!!

Hashtag of the Week Month: #octothorpe

Question of the Week Month: What are your favorite Catholic blogs?

So, comment below or send us feedback at feedback@hotcupofministry.ca. We can also be found on Facebook at facebook.com/hotcupofministry or on the Twitter as @hotcupministry. Individually we are @frdarryl, @janekorvemaker, and @akorvemaker.

About Andy

Andy likes websites but never updates them. Favorite hobbies include StarCraft, brewing beer and wine, and not updating websites. Andy is married to Jane.

This entry was posted in podcast and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Episode #50 (February 8, 2013): Jubilee!

1. Pingback: Episode #50 (February 8, 2013): Jubilee! | Catholic Canada

2. Andy says:

BEST EPISODE EVER!!! YOU ROCK!

(Just getting the discussion going with a little unbiased comment…)

3. Cindy says:

I’m a new listener to your show I live in Pittsburgh Pa. USA a huge sports fan both in hockey, football and baseball. I follow Father Darryl on twitter..I guess as Father said about the Pope on the show, I’m like one of the Twit face’s on twitter. lol This is one reason I follow Father Darryl any priest with a sense of humor will always be #1 in my book. Jane cinnamon whisky sounds good but I’m more of a wine drinker but will try Andy’s trappistes beer, only ice cold, on a hot summers day. Father camille tea?? Really…You should of thrown some of Jane’s cinnamon whisky in there that would warm you up on a cold winters day! The three of you sound like you’re having so much fun (It make’s me wish I was there lol) and ya’ll are too funny. You guy’s made me laugh..I look forward to hearing more and just want to give a quick hello and introduce myself to Jane and Andy. Keep up the good work! I give you all a real applause and now a follower of this podcast. Thank You, Cindy πŸ™‚ P.S I guess you’ll have a lot to talk about next podcast our Pope’s resigns out of the blue..SHOCKED and saddened! I just wanted to cry..Also do you think this is going to be a huge downfall for Catholic church and followers?

• Andy says:

Hello back!

I wouldn’t waste the cinnamon whisky on tea. Just enjoy it as it!

I don’t think it’ll be a downfall, but a change. I’m always curious when big changes come. It’s interesting to see how it all plays out, and I find it’s rarely the way I (or most others) seem to expect. I’m excited!

4. Fr. Darryl says:

Thanks for listening, Cindy! And thanks for your comment; glad you enjoyed the podcast!

So, kind of a slow news day today, eh? πŸ˜‰

Seriously, we are thinking of recording a special show later this week (after Ash Wednesday) to talk about the events of today!

5. jane says:

Cindy! Thanks so much for the comment and it’s great to meet you!

As Fr. Darryl said, we will be doing a special episode for the news; and yes, it’s a shocking news story to wake up to before coffee! Doesn’t help we had a padre party at our house the night before and were up late playing mafia wars (speaking of which, Fr. Darryl, I need that photo from you re: the 6 Dwarves).

Looking forward to hearing more from you Cindy! Thanks for listening!

6. Andy, love your comments about annoying religious people. HA! So sorry that you don’t like sports but, meh, were not all perfect.

I think it is interesting all the negative comments @pontifex was getting. These people would say such to their friends, now we get to hear them. I was talking to people in my parish and they heard nothing of the negative because they are not on Twitter. The news was neutral they said. I actually had to unfollow some people because it was not healthy for me to continue to read such negative crap. So I guess it is good it is not influencing our regular parishioners but it is quite something to know how many people out there are so hostile.

Andy, I love that you created a Twitter list for Popes with 1 member. Now what you gonna do? #2popes

Love the new format guys. Hope you record more than monthly. I honestly do feel like I am there with ya, drinking your wine!

• Andy says:

#2popes! That would be awesome! I somehow suspect that Benedict XVI may not continue tweeting after returning to being “just” Joseph Ratzinger. Too bad. I’d follow him.

Comments are closed.