We’re back and we’re here. So there.
- Jane drinks kiwi berries.
- The Dedication of the Cathedral of the Holy Family will be taking place on Sunday, May 13th, 2012.
- It’s the culmination of a week of festivities. Woo woo!
- Someone from a NET team made a clever observation.
- Andy and Jane helped plan a family carnival to kick off the festivities.
- Warren, the balloon man, is awesome. He made Thomas. Out of balloons.
- The new building has stats. Darryl talks about them.
- Salt and Light will be recording the dedication.
- Apparently dedications are complicated. Go figure.
- The last cathedral dedication in North America was… probably the one in L.A. (2002)? In Canada, it’s probably been a few decades at least. Sacred Heart in Prince George (1960′s) might be the most recent?
- The Crystal Cathedral will be the new cathedral in Orange.
- Get tickets to the grand gathering.
- The Prayer of Dedication is pretty.
- Sticky is available for visual appreciation at andyland.ca
- Granite does not absorb oil, apparently.
- Remember: No kissing until after the blessing (of the altar).
- Sarah Hall made nice windows.
- Find people who have talents and are willing to share them.
- Google Docs, Dropbox and Backpack.
Question of the Week: Who will win the Stanley Cup this year? (Go Riders!)
Song(s) of the Week: “A Listening Heart” by Bob Hurd, composed and dedicated “to the faithful of the Diocese of Saskatoon on the occasion of the blessing of the Cathedral of the Holy Family”. It’s on the album Dining in the Kingdom.
We welcome your input! Please comment below or send us feedback at email@example.com. We can also be found on Facebook at facebook.com/hotcupofministry or the Twitter as @hotcupministry. Please, please send Andy scotch. It’s precious to him.