It’s our first anniversary! Wooooooooooo!
We’re back from our extended, exhaustion-induced hiatus. And it’s nearly Lent! So we discuss the world of Lent!
- St Francis really is stalking Andy and Jane, apparently.
- Ash Wednesday is this week, though our Eastern peoples have already started.
- Message of Benedict XVI for Lent 2012: “Let us be concerned for each other, to stir a response in love and good works” (Heb 10:24)
- Prayer, Fasting, and Charity! (+ Works of Mercy??)
- Katanoein – to observe carefully. Go Greek or go home.
- Silence seems to be a recurring theme.
- It’s our duty to tell people where to go.
- Tolerance vs. Intolerance.
- Do good stuff.
- Busy-ness, sloth, and neglecting spiritual needs.
- Shout-out to our spiffy new cardinal, Thomas Collins!
Question of the Week: What are you doing for Lent, or considering doing? Any ideas for 2 year olds? Does anyone actually read these finely crafted shownotes?
Note to the world: We’re moving to more of a every-two-weeks-ish schedule. Officially, not just because that’s what happened.
We welcome your input! Please comment below or send us feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also be found on Facebook at facebook.com/hotcupofministry or the Twitter as @hotcupministry. Feel free to send lasagna to the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Rd, Saskatoon, Attn: Andy. It’s good karma.