The early bird catches the worm, and the early podcast gets more listeners. At least that’s what we’re hoping for, and that’s why we’re talking about adult edumacation!
Some topics that come up on the chit chat:
- Fr. Darryl’s leaving us. Forever. Well, for 10 days, starting on Tuesday.
- LCBO FOOD & DRINK magazines have really good recipes.
- Jane made butter.
- Waskesiu is the place to be. For priests. In March.
- What’s going on in your diocese and parish to help with adult faith formation?
- Andy and Jane are drinking a Cheeky Monkey.
- The General Directory for Catechesis
- It says lots of things. It’s a pretty big book.
- “It takes a village to raise a child, but if you’re all village idiots…” (Jane)
- Communion and intimacy through catechesis.
- Adult catechesis is good because Jesus did it. If it was good enough for Jesus, it should be good enough for me!
- Parents often put their children first, and this may contribute to the lack of adult faith formation.
- But it’s everyone’s responsibility.
- Offering opportunities makes it easier for people to actually do stuff.
- Interactive learning typically is good. Different people learn in different ways. Shocking!
- New media, internet, yadda, yadda, yadda.
- What experiences of adult faith formation have worked for you? Or what have you been looking at using?
Question of the Week: Should Fr. Darryl feel guilty for heading south for 10 days and ditching all of his parishioners in the great white north?
We welcome your input! Please comment below or send us feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also be found on Facebook at facebook.com/hotcupofministry or the Twitter as @hotcupministry. Baking and/or beverages can be sent to 123 Nelson Rd, Saskatoon, C/O Andy or maybe Jane.