And we’re back! But Jane and Andy are moving their offices to the brand spankin’ new cathedral, so they’re tired again.
Today, we chit the chat about… New Evangelization!
- Pope B16’s Moto Proprio "Ubicumque Et Semper" establishing the Pontifical Commission for Promoting the New Evangelization has some nifty stuff.
- Evangelization is inherent to the mission of the church, not something tacked on.
- Catholic Christian Outreach & Focus Ministries
- They all got together for a party in Rome. Or maybe it was a bunch of meetings.
- The Companions of the Cross have the new evangelization as part of their core mission.
- CCO published a response (PDF) to the Lineamenta of the Synod of Bishops for The New Evangelization for the Transmission of the Christian Faith
- Catholicism by Fr. Robert Barron is a really good series. Check out the extended promo.
- The Alpha Program seems to be another good program (from what we’ve heard)
- Kerygma. It’s Greek. It’s sweet.
- Andy blanked out for a bit. But he’s taking notes again now. And so we’re all called to share in the missionary role of the church.
- Showing one’s Christian faith in public is frowned upon these days.
- Tim Tebow plays football. And he shows his faith. And he gets criticized for it. What’s up with that?
- We’ve previously discussed new media. A lot.
- Bishop Thomas Dowd discussed the crisis of hope on Salt and Light TV.
- Reginald Bibby does surveys about faith in Canada. People are searching.
- Busted Halo is a neat place.
Question of the Week: Who do you think will become the next head coach of the Saskatchewan Roughriders? (Jane’s responses: 42, and “my mom”.)