Fr. Darryl took apart (and fixed!) his Wii today, so therefore we talk about Advent! More specifically, we discuss:
- Definition: Coming. Waiting. Anticipation. And fun.
- Advent’s not quite here, but everyone seems to already be celebrating Christmas.
- Balthasar, Hans Urs von wrote a great book called Mysterium Paschale
- Wreaths in the liturgy???
- Blessings and Prayers for Home and Family.
- Jesse Tree info from the Diocese of Erie. It tells the history of salvation.
- The O Antiphons are sweet. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel is based on them. “O Come, O Come, and Drink Some Scotch” would be too, if it existed.
- Andrew (AKA Fr. Andrew), why are they called “collects” and not “collects“?
- Run forth to meet Christ.
- When Fr. Darryl hears about buttons, he thinks "Strong Bad"
- Advent Calendars should use nicer chocolate. Or Andy should buy nicer ones, like from Lindt.
- Darryl hasn’t yet found a rose vestment he really likes. Andy and Jane offered to help. Umm…
- Oranges spit oil!! And it flares!!!
- And the lights should be off when you light the candles at home. Then it’s like a little mini-vigil! W00t!
- Fr Darryl likes his new iPhone 4S.
Question of the Week: Are you ready for the First Sunday of Advent?