Goodness gracious me, we recorded early!
- Puerto Rico is a fun game.
- Leah Perrault writes books. Her new one is almost done.
- Andy’s getting old. Darryl’s getting almost as old.
- The pope’s most recent encyclical Caritas in Veritate talks about sustainability.
- Being good stewards of creation is rooted in the creation narrative in Genesis.
- How do we promote sustainability and good stewardship?
- Eco-ness is a good word. (Fr. Darryl isn’t sure if it’s valid Englilsh.)
- The new Cathedral of the Holy Family in Saskatoon has been designed to be efficient.
- “Live simply so others may simply live.” Possibly said by Mother Teresa.
- Those who have too much are, in a sense, stealing from those who are poor.
- Food banks, food hampers, etc., somewhat address the distribution of goods.
- Justice vs. Charity – changing unjust structures, as compared with giving for specific needs.
- It can be imposing to try to fix the world’s distribution issues, so focus on personal lifestyles.
- Occupy protests have been going on around the world.
- 99% have far less than the top 1%. I don’t have a source for that.
- Look within. Look at our own attitudes.
- Recent discussion on TWiT about supporting local manufacturing comes at a cost. It was probably episode 324 or 325.
- Mommy blog that supports making own clothes to ensure people aren’t abused in their production.
- Buy local. Support the dignity of local workers.
- Fair Trade and similar programs can be one step.
In what ways do you strive to live sustainably? Do your parishes promote this in any way?
Song of the Day: Get Smart Theme, featuring 1960′s goodness.
Question of the Week: What is the craziest road trip you’ve ever had?