Tonight’s Special Guest: Fr. Andrew Schoenberger, Director of Liturgy for the Diocese of St. Paul, Alberta.
Our topic for today is: The importance of always being aware that we belong to a wider Church, especially part of the local church headed by the bishop.
- Lumen Gentium, number 23
- Bernadette Gasslein is editor of Celebrate!. Read it. Love it.
- Fr. Darryl is in favour of our topic.
- The topic reminds Fr. Andrew of World Youth Day, which gathers people together with the pope in a powerful symbol of the unity of the Church.
- “You are not alone. I am here with you.” sings Michael Jackson.
- “The Steely Dan issue” (AKA kneeling and standing; watch episode 23).
- Canon 209. ‘Nuff said.
- Pew cards with the new peoples’ responses are available for purchase from the CCCB. They’re helpful.
- NET == National Evangelization Teams
- Look beyond the parish boundaries (and the bread you eat).
- Diocesan Eucharistic Congresses are neat. The Archdiocese of Atlanta holds one each year.
Song of the Week: Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen (or Weird Al… or The Muppets). Andy’s inspiration was a report about a Christian rocker who is a ringer for Freddie Mercury.
Question of the Week: If you were a light bulb, what kind would you be?