Today we talk about ecumenism and possible ways of promoting it and living it out. What are your experiences with ecumenism?
- Chocolate could reduce heart risk by a third
- #0 – what is ecumenism?
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
- The Taizé Community
- The Filioque
- As Christians, we have more in common than that which separates us.
- Holy Family Catholic Church and Sutherland Evangelical Fellowship share a building right now.
- St Michael’s Retreat House in Lumsden.
- 1999 Joint Declaration on Justification between the Catholic Church and the Lutheran World Federation
- Ecumenism on the local level, the international level, and the prayer of Christ that all may be one (John 17)
- The need to have a spirit of hospitality
- It’s like making friends with others – look for commonalities
- Inter-religious and ecumenical days of prayer in Assisi in 1986 and 1993 and 2002 (so both Andy and Darryl were right about the dates)
- Sean McGaughey @ Catholic Roundup
- A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut!
Question of the Week: What have been your experiences with ecumenism? What worked well? What was a flaming disaster of doom?