Today, we revisit our discussion of communications, since today was the World Communications Day. A few other topics are also thrown into the mix.
See Pope Benedict’s letter regarding the 45th World Communications Day.
We discussed the following:
- Andy’s answer to the last episode’s question of the week
- The importance of being prepared when preaching
- Andy and Jane’s toddler gave us a little intermission… unfortunately, teething does not seem to be very much fun…
- The challenges facing Elections Canada with respect to the internet, and how those can mirror the Church’s use of new media
- The May 2 meeting with bloggers in the Vatican
- The Rapture and media coverage
- The annual Ottawa March for Life and its media coverage
- How personal relationships are important, and social media is supposed to support those real-life relationships
- NBC’s Today Show had a special broadcast from the Vatican (!!)
Question of the Week: What are some ways you would like to see the internet used, and what would you like to see communicated?