Today our hosts discuss methods for staying balanced and energized in ministry, like the Energizer Bunny (TM)!
Strategies for staying balanced:
- Road trips! Or just do something different. Have a change of scenery.
- Have regular meetings with peers to discuss your ministry and what’s going on.
- Rest! Sleep at night.
- Schedule and keep a regular day off. Get away if needed. Coffee shops and magazines can also be a helpful mini-diversion. Read Slashdot if you’re bored and into techie-type of stuff.
- Pets. Or children. Sometimes they need to get out and force you to take a break.
- Exercise. Sweat out the stress! Get outside.
- Prayer. It’s also important to recognize the highs and lows in prayer; having a spiritual director really helps in this.
- Hobbies. Something. Anything. Do it.
- The harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few. Too few. But don’t feel like you need to do everything yourself: invite people to join in!
- Make sure to watch out that others (especially volunteers) don’t burn out.
How do you keep yourself energized, or just sane?
Song of the Day: Matt Maher’s “Christ is Risen” – from his album Alive Again.
Question of the Week: Do you have a pet? If so, what is its name? And what kind of pet is it?