Episode #5 (Mar. 21, 2011): Hot Cup of Vocation

In today’s show Fr. Darryl, Jane, and Andy welcome Fr. Travis Myrheim from the new vocational discernment house in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.

A few of our many topics:

Question of the Week: “How, really, do you know what God is calling you to? How do you listen to God?”

Song of the Day: the Frozen Bubble theme

(And note to self: register coldglassofministry.ca)

We welcome your input! Please comment below or send us feedback at feedback@hotcupofministry.ca. We can also be found on Facebook facebook.com/hotcupofministry.

About Andy

Andy likes websites but never updates them. Favorite hobbies include StarCraft, brewing beer and wine, and not updating websites. Andy is married to Jane.
This entry was posted in podcast and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Episode #5 (Mar. 21, 2011): Hot Cup of Vocation

1. Travis says:

Haha! Love the Easter egg! I knew I should be careful what I say!

2. darryl says:

Gotta love stuff lifted out of context, eh? 😉

3. Waltera says:

I enjoyed your latest podcast and look forward to more. Thanks for the mention of Kateri House. Our mission community is Kateri’s Companions in Ministry, named after Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha.
    Kateri House is our ministry in Prince Albert. There is also room for women and men to come and discern the possibility of a lay mission vocation. More on our website (which needs updating but can provide a good start with background info).
    Thanks again, and blessings on your media ministry.

4. Andy says:

Thanks for commenting and giving a bit more information about your ministry! I’m very glad you enjoyed listening.

5. Travis says:

I would like to paraphrase a comment I received from one of our listeners. It was in regards to my comments around my involvment in youth ministry, because, I said, that is when people are discerning their ministry, not necessarily when they were older. The listener pointed out to me that even when we seem to have chosen a career we still may decide on a new direction in life and that the discernment house can be a place for those who are a bit beyond youth ministry.

I totally agree with this amendment as i went to seminary with some 50 year olds. Like anyone else they needed a place to discern. My doors are now wide open to the 18 – 80 crowd! Thank you

6. Travis says:

I would like to give my answer for the question of the week. Hearing the voice of God is not something that makes you happy. Video games make me happy but it is not always the voice of God. Rather, listening too and following the voice of God is something that brings you fulfillment. The voice of God brings everlasting peace.

Comments are closed.