Andy, Jane, and Fr. Darryl have a discussion with special guest Rick Hardy, pastoral associate responsible for worship and formation at Our Lady of Fatima Church in San Clemente, California.
- The Nicene and Apostles Creeds in liturgy
- Catechesis and the new translation of the Nicene Creed
- Text from the new translation from the missal, from the USCCB
- Some other differences in liturgical practice between the United States and Canada
- Implementation of the new missal
- CCCB Publications – musical resource for the new translation: “Celebrate in Song”
- Scripture: NRSV and NAB, and the Book of the Gospels
- Update to last week’s episode regarding ParishSOFT by Jane
- Feedback from our loyal listeners
- and much more!
Special thanks goes out to Rick for joining us in our discussion. Thanks also to Patrick Fletcher, who did the majority of our research on why we use the Apostle’s Creed here in Canada.
Update: Shortly after recording this episode it was announced that Canada would also be implementing the new translation of the Roman Missal at the beginning of Advent, 2011.